Taipei Family Adventures

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Caught on Camera

Apparently, about a month ago, one of us ran a red light on the way to or from Anthony's work and got caught on camera. A ticket was issued and sent to the leasing company that the car is registered to. They then sent it to Anthony at work and he had someone show it to him saying we owed the leasing company the money since they paid the ticket. UGH. Anthony swears he told me that they had cameras on the roads and sent tickets out to people who were speeding or ran lights, but I don't remember that! It took about 3 weeks for the ticket to arrive, so I'm wondering how many more there are coming - hopefully not many! Now I know why taxis will slow down at some intersections and stop at some lights and not at others. My friend, Angie, pointed the cameras out to me the other day - they are on poles with bright black and orange tape on them, not too hard to miss, if you are looking! I also remember riding in a taxi once a LONG time ago, where it had a picture of a camera that light up in the rearview mirror every so often. I wondered what that meant, now I know. Guess there are some cabbies out there who like advance warning when a police camera is around.

I'm all packed and ready to go to Hong Kong. I stayed extra this morning at Ashley's school to spend some more time with her, she knows I'm leaving and is fine with it, probably becuase I told her I was going to buy her some dresses. She was so cute this morning, makes it hard to leave her. Liz has been a bit clingy lately, last night I had to rock to her sleep again. When I take her to put her to bed, she makes this sound - rgh - which means ROCK - and looks up at me with these big blue eyes, pleading. I always give in because it's just too cute. I hope she does ok while I'm gone.