Taipei Family Adventures

Monday, January 10, 2005

To the States!

We are home in the States! It feels so good to be here and the girls are so happy. When we landed yesterday in California on our way to Texas, I cried tears of relief, just to be on US soil. I was a mess on the plane ride over. My anxiety level was so high. I don't normally really enjoy plane flights, but I also don't usually have the kind of high anxiety that I had on these flights. I became teary-eyed very often whenever the plane had turbulence or if the girls were crying or upset. I was unable to sleep at all and couldn't eat that much. I watched two movies and read my book for the majority of the flight. The girls actually did pretty well on the flights. A bit of crying and crankiness, but we've come to expect that on long flights now. Ashley had some foot pain and we couldn't seem to console her. In the San Jose airport, I was able to get some anti-anxiety medication out of my suitcase, before it went through customs, so the flight from CA to TX was so much better for me. My anxiety level was so much less and I enjoyed the flight and was able to sleep a bit. Both girls also slept on that flight, so that was very nice.

We are staying at my parents house for a bit until we get things ready to stay at our own house. It's been great being here with family, and the girls have absolutely LOVED it (although getting their way everytime helps that) . It's been neat to see how happy the girls have been enjoying their grandparents company. Ashley already been to the park with them and Anthony and I have already spent quite a bit of money at Target - not even 24 hours after arriving here!
I appreciate all the comments and emails we've received about our blog, about our pictures and asking about us in general. It is so nice to hear from those who've been touched by our lives.