Taipei Family Adventures

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Visitors!

I have no idea how people get things done with 2 kids, when they are young. Today, our cleaning lady was supposed to come and my such luck, she wasn’t able to make it. Our floors were a mess, despite the constant vacuuming. I had to clean them. So, I tried. Liz spilled a bucket of water on the floor (oh well, at least she got it wet for me), got herself soaked in cleaning solution and water from the bucket, ate a whole tube of chapstick, dumped out the drawers in the bathroom and in our room, pulled ½ the stuff off of our desk area where computer sits and after eating her pasta – threw enough on the ground that I had to remop that area again! Oh, the joys. Now, she’s finally taking a nap, and I’m trying to get Ashley to take one, but she is flat out refusing, and I’m so tired, I don’t think I can clean anymore. I’ve only done the living room. Being a mother is such hard work! It’s so much easier to just vacuum with kids around, but to have to mop, that’s so much more difficult. And once it’s wet, here you have to get on your hands and knees to dry it, otherwise they get footprints everywhere and slip and fall because it takes forever to dry on its own. UGH!

I did manage to get the living room done finally. Angie came over this afternoon with Joseph and it was so good just to sit and visit (although there wasn’t much sitting, more running around like crazy keeping the kiddos from injuring themselves). I really am so glad that I’ve made such a good friend here and will really miss her when we’re home (and she’s probably going to have her baby girl while we’re home too!!!). Joseph and the girls had fun playing, even though there was lots of fighting too.
After Angie left, Lili came over for dinner. She’s a Taiwanese that we met through some friends of our back home – she was over for Thanksgiving dinner here also. It was nice having company today. I made chicken parmesan with spaghetti for dinner. I had also made some Lemon Poppyseed bread for dessert (thanks to G-mom Armstrong for the bread mix – it made your son very happy) in the breadmaker – I just love that thing now, it’s so easy.

I did loads of laundry today too – we haven’t started packing yet, even though we leave in two days. I guess we just figure we’ll throw stuff in the suitcases and whatever we miss, we can buy there, no biggie anymore. We can travel pretty light now.

Our picture website has had over 9000 hits on it – I find that so utterly amazing! And our blog now has over 2000 hits on it, with new people everyday. I am so fascinated with the counter stat, Anthony says he hopes it doesn’t continue to climb because he thinks it odd so many people out there are reading about our lives and looking at pictures of us. For some reason, I don’t find it weird, just interesting.