Taipei Family Adventures

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend

We had a good weekend. Anthony took me out Saturday night while Ms. Wu watched the girls. He took me to a place called the "Swiss Chalet", which is, well, swiss food. We ordered fondue - both for dinner and for dessert - the dinner was just meat, which we'd not had before, so we experimented with how to cook it until we figured it out. We tried asking the waitress how long to cook each meat, but she didn't really answer - you'd think she'd know, but maybe it was because she spoke very little English? Anyway, the beef was really good, the shrimp good and the chicken was just ok. We had chocolate fondue for dessert, which was very tasty. We got home at 10:00 and were told the girls were asleep, but that Ashley had gone down at 9:30, which is very late for her. Ms. Wu left and we went to check on the girls, to our surprise, their light was on and they were happily playing together with Barbies! Too funny!

We went to DaAn park today, taking the girls rollerblades, so they could practice. It was packed at the park. I'm not used to going to the parks during the weekend, only during the week, so it was a bit of a change to see so many people around. After naps, we took the girls to see "Chicken Little" - it was just going to be Ashley and me, but we decided to try and see if Liz could make it through a movie - no such luck, Anthony left 1/2 way through and took Liz home - she just couldn't sit still or be quiet. Ashley loved the movie though and sat mesmerized through the whole thing. I thought it was ok although I really don't understand why SO many Disney movies have main characters with no mothers. Ashley and I also went out to dinner at her choice of restaurant, which was Chili's of course "since Winter will be there" was her reason (Winter is a waitress at Chili's that is always wonderful with us and the girls - she gets them little gifts and plays with them often letting Anthony and I eat in peace). It was nice spending some one on one time with Ashley. We also went walking around doing some window shopping - she loves looking at Barbies, My Little Ponies and Horses. Barbie has come out with some new fairy tale thing involved a pegasus which she has fallen in love with - her favorite thing right now is horses, ponies, unicorns....u get the picture.

It was a good weekend overall although I think it will take me a few days to recover from all the activitiy - my legs and belly are a bit sore from all the walking, along with my Yoga on Saturday.