Taipei Family Adventures

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Waterfall

We made it through the typhoon, wasn’t too bad here for us. The strongest winds seemed to be in the middle of the night, so we slept for a few hours in the living room where there are smaller and less windows than in our bedroom, where the whole wall is windows. It was blowing so hard that our curtains were blowing in the wind with the windows shut. Hmmm, maybe not a tight seal? Anthony and the girls had a typhoon day on Thursday, so they spent the day at home playing.

I was feeling pretty bad on Friday, went to another doctor and had to stay at hospital for a few hours while I had IV fluids and got rehydrated. Doctor also gave me some new meds, so I’m trying those and they seem to be helping a bit. I’ve only thrown up a few times so far since taking them, instead of everyday, a few times a day. The baby is growing, heartbeat is steady when I go to the doctor. I’m starting to pooch out a bit, although only Anthony and I can really tell, still too small for anyone else to tell. I can’t fit into any normal clothes anymore – so all maternity, which are too big and look silly, but hey, I’m in Taiwan, who cares!

We did manage to get out this weekend for a little day trip. It was so nice to get out of the house and do something. We headed to a place called Shifen, which has a beautiful waterfall. It took about an hour to get there, through the mountains, and then it’s about a 15 minute walk to the fall itself. It’s not huge, but it is beautiful. There is a café there and a playground/park with covered patios and barbecue pits. Great fun for the whole family. The girls enjoyed it there, even though it was raining part of the time.