Taipei Family Adventures

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

And It's a....

During my stay in the hospital, we were able to do another ultrasound and see the sex of the baby! From what we could see and what the doctor told us, IT’S A BOY! We are very excited and can’t wait to find out how different having a boy is from a girl. We have another ultrasound next week (3D) and will verify the sex just to make sure. He is a very active baby, as Anthony has been able to feel his kicks for weeks now. He is most active in the evenings, especially when the girls wake him up by kissing my belly and telling him goodnight. The other night, they even told him “secrets” by whispering to my belly. I have no idea what they said to him, but it was a darling scene. I have only gained about 2 pounds, so now that I am completely healthy, I’m trying to eat a lot to gain some more weight. The belly is growing though and people are now able to tell that I am pregnant. I am very tired, more so than with my other pregnancies. I haven’t had my blood levels checked for anemia though, so I will have them check that next time, in case that’s the reason for my tiredness. Not much else really, I am 22 weeks now, over the half way mark! At the last ultrasound, they moved the due date forward a few days to March 1 instead of February 26th. We’ll see. I have started my search for a birth and postpartum doula to help assist during and after the birth. I am excited at the prospect of having a more natural birth experience. We do have a name picked out, but are keeping it quiet until he is born, gotta have one surprise!