Taipei Family Adventures

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Smell from home

The girls were taking a nap this afternoon (well, Liz was taking a nap and Ashley was watching a movie) and I was on the computer, attempting to find a babysitter for us to use once we leave the hotel. I got cold and went to grab one of the girls blankets to wrap up in. I grabbed Ashley's Pooh Bear blankie out of the closet, pulled it around me and took a deep breath. I was so utterly surprised to smell home! She hasn't used the blanket since we got here, so it's been sitting in the closet and it hasn't been washed, so it still smells of home. It was so wonderful that I sat there sniffing the blanket again and again! It was so nice and relaxing and gave me such an uplift during the afternoon. Of course, then I went to lay down with Ashley and snuggled up to her and got a whiff of the Taiwan smell. It seems to permeate the girls hair everyday we are outside and since we spent the morning at the park, it's especially prevelant today. Thank goodness they both LOVE baths!